Bikestyle Isle of Man End to End Challenge 2019
The Isle of Man End to End Bike Challenge will be held on 8th September 2019.
It's a 75km course from in the north of the Island to Port Erin in the south. The event first took place in 1996 and is organised each year by the Manx Mountain Bike Club. The route incorporates over 1,500 metres' ascent with a mixture of tarmac roads, country lanes, sweeping moorland paths and forest trails.
Book your trip online today with Visit IOM or alternatively, contact us with your travel requirements and we can create the perfect event package for you!
The race will begin with a grid start to allow the riders to roll out in organized waves. The route through Ballaugh Plantation will see the riders climb up to the heather clad moors, ride along the forest trails and take on the challenge of the sharp climbs that go with it!
Riders will finish at the seaside town of Port Erin. This is great for the riders as they will have a descent to the finish! There is the added bonus of finishing under the archway alongside the world famous Bushy's pub where you will be able to rehydrate yourself after your long ride.
The course is normally completed within three hours by the top riders and up to six hours by weekend cyclists. There will be three manned checkpoints around the course and they will have strict cut off times for each checkpoint for the riders' own safety. Each checkpoint will have a supply of energy bars and water for you to refill your bottles. These are intended purely as supplements for riders rather than something to rely on.
If you feel tackling the whole course might be too ambitious, why not do half of the course. The half course starts in St John's and finishes in Port Erin.
You can enter as a team of four riders. This way you can get to experience this great event but share it with your mates or colleagues from work. Corporate or fun teams are encouraged to enter to compete for some great prizes!
Prizes are awarded to the top riders in each of the categories.
This is a great opportunity to experience the Isle of Man's beautiful countryside and enjoy the challenge of travelling from one end to the other in a day!
For further details on the course and how to enter, please visit the End to End website.
- Return air or sea travel
- Accommodation of your choice
The package does not include entry into the event.
If you are planning to travel with a van, please use our contact form to send us your travel dates, preferred departure port, number of passengers and dimensions of your vehicle and we can arrange this for you.
Mountain bikes are carried free of charge on the ferry when accompanied by a fare-paying foot passenger.
The lead-in price quoted for this offer is per person based on two adult foot passengers sailing from Liverpool on 8 September 2019, staying at the Sefton Express for 2 nights. The price was correct as at 12th February 2019.
This package is operated by Visit IOM. When making a booking you are accepting our Terms & Conditions of business.
There are additional special terms which apply to this holiday. By making a booking, you agree that you accept all of these terms:
- Full payment for your travel arrangements is required at the time of booking. Once booked, the travel costs are entirely non-refundable.
- Entry into the event is not included.
- If you need to make any changes to your travel arrangements, please contact us and we will do our best to assist. However in many cases changes may not be permitted, and any changes which can be made are likely to incur extra costs.
- If you intend to travel with a motor vehicle, please note that the maximum vehicle dimensions are as follows: Cars 1.8 metres high x 5 metres long; Motorhomes 3.4 metres high x 6 metres long. A maximum vehicle weight of 4 tonnes applies. For vehicles above these limits, please call us on 01624 654654 for further guidance.
- Travel insurance is not included, but we strongly advise you to take comprehensive travel insurance to cover any unforeseen eventualities such as cancellation or weather-related delays. If you need to arrange travel insurance please contact us.
- Entry into the event is not included. Please visit www.manxe2e.org for further details on how to enter.
- Can’t find what you’re looking for? If you wish to travel from a port not featured under this offer, please call us on 01624 654654.