Isle of Man Walking Holiday
The Isle of Man is a veritable paradise for walkers, and has the added benefit of being served by thirteen airports and five ferry ports in the UK and Ireland - making it easily accessible!
The Island's many miles of walking trails give the opportunity to see at close quarters those hidden gems that you might miss if travelling by car. There are pretty glens, quiet country lanes, spectacular waterfalls and deserted coves all waiting to be discovered, as well as historic treasures such as the Great Laxey Wheel and Rushen Abbey.
With such a wide choice of routes on offer, mixing countryside and coast, there's something for you whether you're a fairweather stroller looking for a breath of fresh air, or a determined hiker seeking something more invigorating! And the walks even sound appealing, with names like Bayr Ny Skeddan (The Herring Road, which runs between Peel and Castletown) and Raad Ny Foillan (Way of the Gull - a 95 mile coastal footpath circling the Island).
Our walking breaks put you in control - you decide when you want to arrive, and how long you'd like to stay. We look after your travel to the Island, and your accommodation, giving you the flexibility to plan each day of your stay as you wish.
We can arrange guided walks during your stay, please contact us for further information.
If you prefer to travel without a guide, there are plenty of suggested routes - a Walking Guide leaflet containing seven self-guided walks is usually available at the airport, or can be downloaded here. Specialist guide books are also available with a wider selection.
Please click here for information on walks within the Isle of Man.
If you need any advice on planning your walking break, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Return air or ferry travel from your choice of departure point to the Isle of Man
- Accommodation of your choice
We recommend purchasing a Go Explore Heritage Card during the booking process. The card offers unlimited travel on scheduled services of all Isle of Man Transport Railways (Steam Railway, Manx Electric Railway, Snaefell Mountain Railway and Horse Trams) and Bus Vannin Services, plus admission to all Manx National Heritage attractions. The travel cards can be added during the booking process.
Please note, some attractions close on the 3rd November 2019 for the Winter. To find out more information, please visit the Manx National Heritage website.
The lead-in price quoted for this offer is per person based on two foot passengers sailing from Liverpool on the 19th July 2019, staying at the Edelweiss Guest House, Douglas for 2 nights, including one Go Explore Heritage travel card per person. The price was correct as at 12th February 2019.
This package is operated by Visit IOM. When making a booking you are accepting our Terms & Conditions of business.
There are additional special terms which apply to this holiday. By making a booking, you agree that you accept all of these terms:
- Full payment for your travel arrangements is required at the time of booking. Once booked, the travel costs are entirely non-refundable.
- If you need to make any changes to your travel arrangements, please contact us and we will do our best to assist. However in many cases changes may not be permitted, and any changes which can be made are likely to incur extra costs.
- Travel insurance is not included, but we strongly advise you to take comprehensive travel insurance to cover any unforeseen eventualities such as cancellation or weather-related delays. If you need to arrange travel insurance please contact us.
- The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company will carry one bicycle per fare paying foot passenger at no additional cost.
- The 5-day Go Explore Heritage ticket entitles the holder to unlimited travel on scheduled services of the Steam Railway, Manx Electric Railway, Snaefell Mountain Railway, Douglas Horse Trams and Buses and entry into all Manx National Heritage sites.
- Can’t find what you’re looking for? If you wish to travel from an airport not featured under this offer, please call us on 01624 654654.