Manx Harriers Isle of Man Easter Festival of Running 2019
The Isle of Man Easter Festival of Running sponsored by First Names Group is a long-established three day running extravaganza that combines athletic and social activities in stunning surroundings. It will be held between the 19th April and 21st April 2019.
The Festival attracts around 400 competitors each year, many of whom are visiting athletes. It is especially popular with University running clubs who make the annual pilgrimage across the Irish Sea to renew friendships and rivalries.
There are three races over the Festival period. The Festival opens on Good Friday evening with a scenic 10 kilometre road race around the streets of Port Erin and Port St Mary in the south of the Island. Male and female competitors run together in this race.
Easter Saturday afternoon sees the action move to the west of the Island for the famous Peel Hill races that take in the summit of Corrin's Folly. The route starts and finishes on the road but is mainly on grass. The afternoon starts with the men's race followed by the three mile women's race.
The final races take place on Douglas Promenade on Easter Sunday morning with the women's five kilometre road race at 10.30am, followed by the men's five kilometre road race at 11.15am.
The Festival concludes on Easter Sunday evening with the prize presentation and party. This includes the legendary beer drinking races, which for many are the highlight of the weekend!
- Return air or sea travel to the Isle of Man
- Accommodation of your choice
The package does not include entry into the events. For entry details, please visit the Isle of Man Easter Festival of Running website.
Important Information - you must read this before booking
The lead-in price quoted for this offer is per person based on two adult foot passengers sailing from Liverpool on 19th April 2019, sharing a twin room at the Edelweiss Guest House in Douglas. The price was correct as at 2nd November 2018.
This holiday is operated by Visit IOM. When making a booking you are accepting our Terms & Conditions of business.
There are additional special terms which apply to this holiday. By making a booking, you agree that you accept all of these terms:
- Full payment for your travel arrangements is required at the time of booking. Once booked, the travel costs are entirely non-refundable.
- If you need to make any changes to your travel arrangements, please contact us and we will do our best to assist. However in many cases changes may not be permitted, and any changes which can be made are likely to incur extra costs.
- Travel insurance is not included, but we strongly advise you to take comprehensive travel insurance to cover any unforeseen eventualities such as cancellation or weather-related delays. If you need to arrange travel insurance please contact us.
- The package does not include entry into theCelton Easter Festival of Running events.
- The quoted package prices do not include transfers between Ronaldsway Airport and your accommodation. Douglas is around 20 minutes by taxi from the airport. A bus service also runs between the airport and Douglas town centre.
- If you intend to travel with a motor vehicle, please note that the maximum vehicle dimensions are as follows: Cars 1.8 metres high x 5 metres long; Motorhomes 3.4 metres high x 6 metres long. A maximum vehicle weight of 4 tonnes applies. For vehicles above these limits, please call us on 01624 654654 for further guidance.
- Can’t find what you’re looking for? If you wish to travel from an airport not featured under this offer, please call us on 01624 654654.