Microgaming Lighthouses Challenge 2019
The Microgaming Lighthouses Challenge is on Sunday 7th July 2019. This will be the eighth time that the sportive event, sponsored by Microgaming Isle of Man.
The challenge will take you around the Island's lighthouses (where possible!) and along its beautiful coastline. It offers three routes, 103,57 and 42 miles: these are classed as the long, medium and short routes respectively. The long route, which can be ridden individually or as part of a team, is not for the faint hearted – it includes over 2,700 metres climb!
The event is organised by SAS Events.
The Isle of Man has great ambassadors for cycling, such as Mark Cavendish, Mark Christian and Peter Kennaugh, and this event attracts more entrants every year
The long route (103 miles) will take you on a clockwise route from the TT Grandstand in Douglas and along the coastline to the southern classic climbs to Cregneash and the Sloc. Riders will continue onto the Northern plains before taking on the shorter but steeper routes back to Douglas.
The route is officially categorised as "hard" under the British Cycling grading system.
The medium route (57 miles) will follow the same course as the long route up to St Johns and then returns to Douglas via Archallagan, Braddan and Abbeylands.
The short route (42 miles) will follow the same course as the long route to Port Erin and riders will have the option to continue over the Sloc to the Round Table or stop at Port Erin. Transport back to Douglas will be provided by the Isle of Man Steam Railway. The entry fee for the short route includes the train fare back to Douglas.
There will be feed stations along the way which will be located at Port Erin, Patrick and Ramsey, with additional supplies at the finish.
The long route can be also tackled as a team. Teams can consist of up to seven riders and change-overs can be completed at any of the checkpoints en route.
All entrants will receive a goody bag to assist them with the Challenge!
The timing is electronic and it will be able to provide detailed splits for each sector of the course.
The course is supported by three service course motorcycles, which will have inner tubes, tools and water; three service vans for serious breakdown and recovery; and the St John's Ambulance service will be on hand to provide first aid assistance.
A free massage will be waiting for you at finish HQ!
For details on how to enter the Challenge or for further information, please click here.
- Return air or sea travel to the Isle of Man
- Accommodation of your choice
The package does not include entry into the event. For further details on entry, please click here.
If you are planning to travel with a van, please use our contact form to send us your travel dates, preferred departure port, number of passengers and dimensions of your vehicle and we can arrange this for you.
The lead-in price quoted for this offer is per person based on two adult foot passengers sailing from Liverpool on 6th July 2019, staying at the Trevelyan Hotel, Douglas for 2 nights. The price was correct as at 12th February 2019.
This holiday is operated by Visit IOM. When making a booking you are accepting our Terms & Conditions of business.
There are additional special terms which apply to this holiday. By making a booking, you agree that you accept all of these terms:
- Full payment for your travel arrangements is required at the time of booking. Once booked, the travel costs are entirely non-refundable.
- If you need to make any changes to your travel arrangements, please contact us and we will do our best to assist. However in many cases changes may not be permitted, and any changes which can be made are likely to incur extra costs.
- If you intend to travel with a motor vehicle, please note that the maximum vehicle dimensions are as follows: Cars 1.8 metres high x 5 metres long; Motorhomes 3.4 metres high x 6 metres long. A maximum vehicle weight of 4 tonnes applies. For vehicles above these limits, please call us on 01624 654654 for further guidance.
- Travel insurance is not included, but we strongly advise you to take comprehensive travel insurance to cover any unforeseen eventualities such as cancellation or weather-related delays. If you need to arrange travel insurance please contact us.
- The package does not include entry into the event. For further details on entry, please click here.
- Can’t find what you’re looking for? If you wish to travel from a port not featured under this offer, please call us on 01624 654654.