Low Deposit on Holidays - £50 per person
Spread the cost of your holiday with Visit IOM
It’s now even easier to book and pay for your Visit IOM holiday with our ultra low deposits at only £50 per person.
Spread the cost of your holiday by making payments whenever it suits you by contacting Visit IOM.
Benefit from our extra-long payment plan. Pay the full balance of your holiday just 4 weeks before departure.
Then you are all set – enjoy your holiday!
Low Deposit Promotion
Visit IOM is offering the option to secure your booking by paying a Low Deposit. The following additional terms apply to such Low Deposit bookings:
To qualify, your booking must comprise of one of the following:
- Air travel plus accommodation
- Ferry travel plus accommodation
- Bookings which do not include both an accommodation element and an air / ferry travel element, do not qualify for the Low Deposit and full payment for such bookings will be required immediately at the time of making the booking.
- Bookings which include any travel between 22nd May and 13th June 2019 do not qualify for the Low Deposit and full payment for such bookings will be required immediately at the time of making the booking.
- The amount of the Low Deposit for qualifying bookings will be £50 per person, and is payable at the time of booking. The Low Deposit is non-refundable.
- In certain circumstances Visit IOM may be unable to offer the option of a Low Deposit, in which case it may be possible to offer you a reduced deposit. If this applies to your booking, Visit IOM will notify you as soon as possible. The amount of any such reduced deposit is also non-refundable. The conditions outlined here for Low Deposits will also apply to any reduced deposit.
- The Low Deposit will be payable for all passengers on the booking. In any case where the total cost for any passenger on the booking (for example an infant or child) is less than £50, any Low Deposit payment exceeding the price for that passenger will be reduced from the final balance amount.
- The full balance will be due no later than 28 days prior to departure. The exact balance due date will also be shown on your booking confirmation email from Visit IOM. You agree to ensure that payment of the full balance in respect of all passengers on your booking is received by Visit IOM by the due date.
Where a Low Deposit is offered for your travel arrangements, Visit IOM will supplement our agency services by, as your agent, booking and paying the relevant travel providers such amounts as may be necessary to secure your booking in the mean time (frequently this means that we will make full payment to those travel providers immediately as you make your booking).
The Low Deposit amount is entirely unrelated to the cost of cancellation should you subsequently request Visit IOM to cancel your booking. This means that even if you cancel your booking before the final payment falls due, you will still be liable to pay the outstanding balance, since we will already have made payment to the travel suppliers on your behalf. For this reason, it is imperative that you ensure that a comprehensive travel insurance policy is taken at or before the time of booking.
In the event that you cancel your booking you must immediately pay any shortfall between payments made by you against that booking and the total cost of all travel elements in your booking / the cancellation charge applied.
If you wish to cancel your booking, please telephone/ email us in the first instance, so we can advise you if the conditions of your travel arrangements permit any refund which might enable the remaining amount payable to be reduced.
Cancellation charges will vary dependent on the travel products you have booked and also the supplier’s / suppliers’ terms and conditions. Many travel products will be non-refundable if cancelled, however for any products which permit a partial refund, the cancellation charges applied per eligible product will be as follows:
Travel supplier’s / suppliers’ charge + £15 per person
If you wish to proceed with the cancellation, you must notify us in writing. (If you do not advise us of your intention to cancel a booking before the scheduled departure time, or do not check-in, this will be recorded by the airline as a 'no show' and is likely to result in the forfeit of all monies previously paid. You will nevertheless remain responsible for paying any outstanding balance).
If the reason for which you cancel your booking is covered by your travel insurance, you may be able to make a claim on your policy for any cancellation charges you incur. Upon request, Visit IOM can issue a cancellation invoice which you can use to support your claim.
- In the event that you request us to make any change to your booking before your final balance falls due, any applicable change fees must be paid immediately at the time of making that change.
- Should you wish to make additional part payments between paying your Low Deposit and the balance due date, you may do so by phone on (01624) 654654.
- Balance payment can either be made online by clicking the link in your confirmation email, or by phone on (01624) 654654.
- It is imperative that any email address you provide to us is regularly checked, since we may from time to time need to contact you with important information about your booking or to remind you of upcoming balance payments. You undertake to notify us immediately should there be any change to any of your contact details. We can not accept any responsibility if important information or reminders fail to reach you because you omit to notify us of changes to your contact details, or because emails are consigned to a junk / spam folder. If, in spite of our reasonable efforts to contact you, we are unable to collect your balance payment by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, but you will remain responsible for settling any outstanding balance, as outlined in paragraph 14 of these terms.
- If balance payment is not made by you in respect of all passengers on your booking by the due date, we reserve the right to automatically charge any card previously used to make payment on the booking, where these card details are accessible to us. Should it not be possible to do this, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, however you will still remain responsible for paying any outstanding balance: the Low Deposit amount is entirely unrelated to the cost of cancellation should you subsequently request Visit IOM to cancel your booking.
- Only residents of the United Kingdom, Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man may avail of the Low Deposit scheme.
- Visit IOM reserves the right to vary the terms of this Low Deposit offer, or to withdraw it, without notice, at any time.
- These Low Deposit terms apply in addition to Visit IOM’s standard Terms & Conditions of business, as well as the Terms & Conditions of any travel supplier/s providing your travel arrangements.